Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre
No Interest Loans
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit with no fees or charges applied.
Loans are available up to $2000 – depending on income and circumstances – and no interest is paid on the loan.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for a NILS Loan if you:
- Hold a Health Care Card/Pension Car or earn less that $45ooo a year after tax ($60000 for couples or people with dependants)
- Have lived at your current or previous address for at least 3 months
- Are able to show that you can afford the loan
- Hold a Health Care Card/Pension Car or earn less that $57,000 a year after tax ($75,000 for couples or people with dependants) these are the new thresholds.
What can NILS be used for?
- Household Items
- Car repairs and registration
- Medical and dental
Loans are not available for:
With Nils there’s no interest, no fees and no charges. You only pay for what you buy.
Send us a message
Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre is a non-profit organisation dedicated to strengthening our local communities by promoting the principles of social justice and empowering people to enhance their quality of life.